THIS PAGE IS BEING RENOVATED AND MAY NOT BE FORMATTED NICELY.
I am Jun Hatori (羽鳥潤), software research engineer working on natural language processing (NLP) and AI related fields. I am currently based in Tokyo and working for Preferred Networks.
E-mail: (my-last-name) @ preferred.jp
- Software engineer at Preferred Networks, Inc. (May 2017 – current; Tokyo, Japan)
- Software engineer at Apple Inc. (Aug 2012 – April 2017; Cupertino, CA)
- Research intern at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) (July 2011 – Sep 2011; Beijing, China)
- Research intern at Microsoft Research Redmond (MSR) (May 2010 – Aug 2010; Redmond, WA)
- Research intern at IBM Research – Tokyo (Aug 2009 – Sep 2009; Tokyo, Japan)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (April 2009 – March 2012)
Department of Computer Science, University of Tokyo
- M.A/Sc. in Interdisciplinary Information Studies (April 2007 – March 2009)
Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, University of Tokyo
- B.Sc. in Geophysics (April 2003 – March 2007)
Department of Earth and Planetary Physics, University of Tokyo
- Jun Hatori, Yuta Kikuchi, Sosuke Kobayashi, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Yuta Tsuboi, Yuya Unno, Wilson Ko, and Jethro Tan. Interactively Picking Real-World Objects with Unconstrained Spoken Language Instructions (Best Paper on Human-Robot Interaction). In the Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA-2018). Brisbane, Australia. 2018. [ arXiv | Video ]
- Jun Hatori, Takuya Matsuzaki, Yusuke Miyao, Jun’ichi Tsujii. Incremental Joint Approach to Chinese Word Segmentation, POS Tagging, and Dependency Parsing. In the Proceedings of the 50th Annual Meeting for the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL-2012). Jeju, Korea. 2012. [ PDF ]
- Jun Hatori, Takuya Matsuzaki, Yusuke Miyao, Jun’ichi Tsujii. Incremental Joint POS Tagging and Dependency Parsing in Chinese. In the Proceedings of the 5th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP-2011). Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2011. [ PDF | Slides ]
- Jun Hatori and Hisami Suzuki. Japanese Pronunciation Prediction as Phrasal Statistical Machine Translation. In the Proceedings of the 5th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP-2011). Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2011. [ PDF | Slides ]
- Jun Hatori, Yusuke Miyao, and Jun’ichi Tsujii. On Contribution of Sense Dependencies to Word Sense Disambiguation. Journal of Natural Language Processing. 16(5). pp. 51–77, Oct 2009. [ PDF ]
- Jun Hatori, Yusuke Miyao, and Jun’ichi Tsujii. Word Sense Disambiguation for All Words using Tree-Structured Conditional Random Fields. In the Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING-2008), Companion Volume. Manchester, UK. 2008. [ PDF ] [ Poster ]
* Here is my complete publication list.
- Xin Wang and Jun Hatori. Apple Inc. Dynamic Phrase Expansion of Language Input (US20170357633)
- Jun Hatori and Dominic Yu. Apple Inc. Language Input Correction (US20160357304, CN106249909A)
- Daniel C. Gross, Patrick L. Coffman, Richard R. Dellinger, Christopher P. Foss, Jason J. Gauci, Aria D. Haghighi, Cyrus D. Irani, Bronwyn A. Jones, Gaurav Kapoor, Stephen O. Lemay, Colin C. Morris, Michael R. Siracusa, Lawrence Y. Yang, Brent D. Ramerth, Jerome R. Bellegarda, Jannes G.A. Dolfing, Giulia M. Pagallo, Xin Wang, Jun Hatori, Alexandre R. Moha, Sofiane Toudji, Kevin D. Clark, Karl Christian Kohlschuetter, Jesper S. Andersen, Hafid Arras, Alexandre Carlhian, Thomas Deniau, Mathieu J. Martel. Apple Inc.
Systems and Methods for Proactively Identifying and Surfacing Relevant Content on a Touch-Sensitive Device (WO2016191737, US20160360382)
- Co-Chair: Student Research Workshop at ACL-2012
- Session Chair: Chinese Morphological Analysis session at ACL-2012
- Program Committee: Second Workshop on Advances in Text Input Methods (WTIM-2) in 2012
- Reviewer: EMNLP 2012, 2015 / COLING 2012 / IPSJ (Information Processing Society of Japan) Journal / Journal of Natural Language Processing